Sam Sapirstein’s Resume:
Experience In Chronological Order:
Alan David Custom, LLC | 2017-Present
Content Writer & Copywriter
- Alan David Custom makes custom suits and jackets using the best fabrics on Earth. I write about those fabrics, and why we’re the best at using them.
- I combine research with knowledge gained from the company’s nine decades of experience to show what Alan David Custom can do with these materials.
- I edit and compose Facebook and banner ads.
- Fabric brands include Ermenegildo Zegna, Loro Piana, Vitale Barberis Canonico and more.
“Search for the Humans,” an independent animated series | 2016-Present
Freelance Screenwriter, Copywriter
- I co-wrote a 120-paged science-fiction screenplay about talking animals.
- I received investor funding to develop original concept art and character illustrations by a professional illustrator.
- I used that concept art to publish a detailed pitch book that maps the project’s scope and market. Our agent is now using it to market the idea to animation studios.
Futurism.com | 2017
Freelance Video Caption Writer
- Researched emerging technologies and scientific challenges as reported by popular science magazines and sites.
- Sourced fair-use stock footage for the creation of a video montage showcasing the tech product or challenge at hand.
- Wrote captions distilling the technology or topical issue for Futurism’s short videos.
- Worked with video editors to bring video sequences and beats in line with my informative video captions.
Mindspark/IAC Applications | 2014 – 2016
- Wrote crisp copy for landing pages, ads, video scripts, emails and more for over 110 products produced by IAC. I often helped to boost user conversion by up to 70% per product. I brought thousands of new users to our products by simply writing a better headline or display ad.
- Personally drove landing page, ad and customer email messaging for Slimware, IAC’s flagship Internet utility software suite.
- Wrote and planned copy for our Chrome Webstore sales-funnel and installation UX.
- Rigorously tested copy in A/B or multivariate tests with our operations team.
- Worked with design and marketing teams to plan effective brand messaging. Many of my ideas would frequently go on to win A/B tests for important products.
- Wrote a local print ad about IAC’s contribution to revitalizing the Saw Mill River and the nearby waterfront. The ad led to more job applications from the local community, which was one of the goals of the project.
- After the company was forced to downsize, I left in July 2016 after accepting a generous buyout.
Sol Savransky Diamonds, Inc | 2012 – 2014
Copywriter, Website SEO
- I produced website copy that spoke to the brand’s craftsmanship and reliability as a jewelry manufacturer and wholesaler.
- My research of the competition’s brand messaging helped Sol Savransky improve it’s messaging and increase traffic to the site.
Razorfish Inc. | 2011-2012
- Wrote crisp SEO copy including page text, meta titles and meta descriptions.
- My clients included Forest Laboratories (Teflaro), Daimler AG (Mercedes-Benz and smartUSA) and Samsung.
CompareNetworks, Inc. | 2011
- Wrote and edited product descriptions and articles on laboratory equipment, including analytical and biomedical instruments.
- By perfecting a science-literate voice, conducting extensive research on science concepts and using good keywords, I helped improve search rankings of CompareNetworks’ product listings.
“Sam the Spaceman,” an independent science-fiction comedy feature film | 2011-2015
Screenwriter, Art Director, Lead Actor, Website Designer, Social Media Manager
- Wrote the screenplay.
- Took charge of art direction; built model spaceships, props and sets.
- Managed social media profile, designed the film’s website.
MS Word | WordPress (as a blog and website backend) | SEMRush | Google Adwords | Basic HTML | Excel | Final Draft | Photoshop | Comfortable with Mac, Windows and Ubuntu GNU/Linux
English, Mandarin Chinese
Bard College | Graduated Dec. 2009
BA, Asian Studies
Qingdao University, Qingdao, China | Summer 2005
2006 Marleigh Grayer Ryan College Student Writing Prize, New York Conference on Asian Studies | https://asianstudies.buffalo.edu/nycas/previous-mgr/
Title: Civil Unrest in Contemporary China: Some Implications for U.S.-China Relations